|How to ZIP a file(s)
Q: I want to upload receipts and my image is over 5 MB. How can I compress it so I can successfully submit my online claim and/or receipts?
A: First, you will want to download Winzip:
- Open Internet Explorer or any web browser.
- Go to www.download.com
- Type in Winzip in the Search field at the top of the screen. Press enter.
- Click the green Download Now link and follow the step-by-step instructions to install the program.
- Once Winzip is installed, open the program by double clicking the icon on the desktop.
Next, you will want to create a zip file:
- Click New.
- Type in the file name you wish to assign to the document and click Ok.
- Select the files you want to zip and click Add. (Winzip will compress the files).
- Click OK.
To access the zipped file, email it to yourself:
- To create an email with your document attached as a compressed file:
- Using your mouse, right click on the file you wish to compress and select "send to".
- Select compressed zip file. This will automatically compress the file into a zip.
- Right click on the document again.
- Select Send to, and Mail Recipient.
- This will create an email to which the compressed document will be attached.