Your Commuter Parking Account does not cover these expenses:
- Fuel, mileage, or other expense costs you incur in operating or maintaining a vehicle
- Payments to a fellow carpool participant or to a friend who drives you to work
- Parking at your personal residence
- Parking at your spouse's place of work
- Parking at a mall or similar location where you stop on your drive to or from your place of work
- Parking expenses that have been or will be paid by your employer, such as for a business trip
- Parking at an airport for taking an airplane to work
- Traffic tickets
Please keep in mind that the IRS determines which expenses are eligible for reimbursement—not WageWorks.
Looking for a particular type of expense? Please check the list of eligible expenses or log into your WageWorks account for a comprehensive list of eligible expenses under your Commuter Parking Account.