You may use your WageWorks Commuter Transit Account to pay for commuting to and from work using public transportation. You may not use your account to pay for:
- Fuel, mileage, or other costs you incur in operating a vehicle
- Payments to a fellow participant in a carpool or to a friend who drives you to work.
- Traffic tickets
If you have a WageWorks Commuter Parking Account, you use this account to pay for parking at your workplace. You may not use this account for:
- Parking at your personal residence
- Parking at your spouse's place of work
- Parking at a mall or similar location where you stop on your drive to or from your place of work
- Parking at an airport for taking an airplane to work
- Costs that have been or will be paid by your employer, such as for a business trip
Please keep in mind that these rules are set by the IRS—not WageWorks.