You can only change your election amount outside of Open Enrollment if you meet one of the special circumstances set by the IRS and your employer.
Examples of special circumstances include:
- A change in marital status (such as marriage, divorce or death of your spouse)
- A change in the number of your dependents (such as the birth or adoption of a child, or death of a dependent)
- A change in employment status of you, your spouse or dependent
- An event that causes your dependent to satisfy or cease to satisfy an eligibility requirement for a particular benefit
- A change in residence of you, your spouse or dependent
- A change in cost in coverage
If you believe you qualify for a change of your election, please contact your employer.