Attention Employers: See the latest COVID relief, including COBRA subsidy and DCFSA changes here →
  • LinkedIn
  • Twitter
  • Facebook

Support & FAQ

Healthcare Card

  • What do I do if I lose my receipt?

    Don’t worry! You can submit a substitute receipt from another transaction for the purchase of eligible goods or services. The substitute receipt must be for an amount that is equal to or greater than the first transaction that requires verification, and it must include the following five pieces of information, as required by the IRS:

    1. Patient's Name: The name of the person who received the service or for whom the item was purchased. For retail store purchases, this information may be excluded.
    2. Provider's Name: The provider that delivered the service or where the item was purchased.
    3. Date of Service: The date when services were provided or the item was purchased.
    4. Type of Service: A detailed description of the service provided or item purchased. A bag tag is sufficient for prescriptions.
    5. Cost: The amount paid for the service or product and/or the portion that is not reimbursed through your insurance carrier.
    Please submit a completed Card Use Verification form along with your substitute receipt(s). If you don't have a substitute receipt, WageWorks will not be able to verify that your card was used to pay for an eligible expense, and you will need to repay your account. To repay your account, send a check (payable to WageWorks) for the unverified transaction amount, along with a completed Card Use Verification form to: WageWorks, P.O. Box 14053, Lexington, KY 40512. The funds will be applied to your account balance.

    Was this answer helpful to you? YesNo