Where Commuter Benefits Began
TransitChek was the first provider of tax-free commuter benefit programs, and we're still a leading innovator today. We're the experts at transit and parking benefits products because that's all we do. Each year, hundreds of thousands of employees at leading companies nationwide save millions of dollars on their commuting expenses by using TransitChek benefits.
In 2012, TransitChek proudly became part of WageWorks, Inc., a leading on-demand provider of tax-advantaged programs for consumer-directed health, commuter and other employee spending account benefits in the United States. This allows us to bring you even more great savings and service.
In 2019 HealthEquity, Inc. completed its acquisition of WageWorks to become a leading administrator of health savings accounts (“HSAs”) and complementary consumer-directed benefits (“CDBs”), including flexible spending and health reimbursement arrangements (“FSAs” and “HRAs”), COBRA and commuter benefits. The acquisition establishes HealthEquity as the complete partner for employers, benefits consultants, health and retirement plan providers seeking to help working families connect health and wealth.
Your Program Partner
More than a benefits program provider, we are your partner in driving participation. Our team of committed participation experts will work closely with you to help your company and employees receive the maximum possible value in savings.
At TransitChek, we give you:
- Easy-to-use, innovative technology
- We've been pioneering the commuter benefits category since 1987, and we're just getting started.
- Personal attention from a team of industry experts
- Unique products designed to be tailored to your needs
- National coverage with local expertise
- Compliant programs
- Proprietary self-service online management systems
- Mobile management site: use it anywhere, any time
- NYC Replacement Center within our headquarters
A History of Savings
We've been pioneering the commuter benefits category since 1987, and we're just getting started.
- 1987 TransitChek® becomes the nation's first commuter benefits program with the introduction of the TransitChek® Voucher.
- 1997 Commuters begin using the TransitChek® MetroCard®.
- 2000 The Premium TransitChek® MetroCard® is the first annual MetroCard®. No more waiting at station windows each month.
- 2003 TransitChek® Premium, a web-based commuter benefits program is introduced.
- 2004 The TransitChek® QuickPay® Card, a prepaid Visa® card, is the first commuter benefits prepaid card that offers pre and post-tax benefits for transit and parking, and monthly electronic funding.
- 2006 The TransitChek® Card, a prepaid Visa® card, is the first anonymous, pre-loaded benefit card allowing more commuters access to the growing number of ticket vending machines.
- 2011 TransitChek® Mobile is launched. This next generation of commuter benefits enables commuters to access and change their commuter benefits online, anytime and anywhere. The TransitChek Parking Card, a prepaid Visa® card is also introduced.
- 2012 TransitChek proudly becomes part of WageWorks, Inc.
- 2019 In 2019 HealthEquity acquires WageWorks in a bid to bring a Total Solution of integrated benefits to more employers in more markets.